Every second Wed. of the month, from 6:30pm – 8:00pm. MEETING OF ENJAN (End The New Jim Crow Action Network) in Poughkeepsie. ENJAN is a Hudson Valley network dedicated to fighting racist policies of racial profiling, police brutality, and mass incarceration (the “New Jim Crow”). Sadie Peterson Delaney African Roots Library, Family Partnership Center, 29 N Hamilton St, Poughkeepsie. Contact: 845-475-8781 or https://enjan.orgOur next ENJAN meeting is on Wednesday, April 8, from 6:30 PM to 8PM on Zoom. Agenda:
- Shannon: Report on protecting jail inmates from pandemic.
- Jeff & Bill: Report on updating the the ENJAN brochure in coordination with Kingston Chapter of ENJAN.
Please send me additional agenda items.
To join our Zoom meeting:
- With a desktop or laptop computer (with video camera), click here and follow instructions.
- With a smartphone on WiFi, tap this phone number: 6468769923,,272715656# (it’s a Manhattan number). Ignore the verbal requests to enter your meeting ID and your participant ID. This method can also be used on a tablet or similar device that has WiFi calling. Video conferencing through the wireless (cellular) network may work poorly, may incur high data charges, or both.
- With landline (audio only), phone 646-876-9923 (a Manhattan number). When prompted for meeting ID, enter: 575 769 120 followed by the # sign. Ignore the verbal request to enter your participant ID.
If you are unfamiliar with Zoom video conferencing, I strongly encourage you to join a test meeting beforehand to become familiar with the system. This will give you an opportunity to install the Zoom app, enter your name, and test your speaker and microphone. For more information about joining a Zoom meeting, including a one-minute video, click here. Participating in Zoom conferencing does not require signing up with Zoom; you can safely ignore Zoom’s sign-up offers. Zoom comes at no cost to participants.
Looking forward to seeing (or at least hearing) everyone at the meeting,