The Hudson Valley Regional Committee of the AIDS Institute Faith Communities Project, in partnership with New Harvest Christian Church, in New Windsor and Calvary Presbyterian Church in Newburgh invite you to participate in a virtual community conversation on how faith communities can support families impacted by domestic violence and HIV, on Thursday, June 3, 2021 from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. The purpose of the virtual community conversation is to:
- define the following terms: domestic, intimate partner and gender-based violence;
- describe the impact of domestic violence on families, especially during COVID-19;
- increase awareness of the intersection of domestic violence and HIV;
- discuss how faith communities can support persons impacted by domestic violence
- dialogue with persons impacted by HIV and domestic violence; and
- identify domestic violence and HIV resources for faith communities in the region.
The Rev. John Azruaga, Pastor of Harvest Christian Church and Rev. J. Edward Lewis, Sr., Pastor of Calvary Presbyterian Church will host this virtual community conversation on Thursday, June 3rd from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Please share the enclosed flyer with your colleagues and invite them to attend.
Registration is required. The link and telephone number to the Zoom virtual program will be emailed to registrants later. To register, click on the link below:
If you are unable to access the registration link, please contact Elizabeth Greenwood at 800-692-8528, and leave your name, affiliation, and contact number. Meeting information will be emailed on June 2nd, to those who are registered. The registration deadline is June 2, 2021.
Rev. J. Edward Lewis, Calvary Presbyterian Church
Rev. John Azruaga, New Harvest Christian Church
Elder Doris Schuyler, Riverview Baptist Church
Arlette Murrain, Calvary Presbyterian Church
Ralph Wilson, God’s Love We Deliver
Bonnie Allen, Office of the Prevention of Domestic Violence
Susan Carroll, Esq, Pace Westchester Justice Center
Leah Feldman, Family Services Inc. Dutchess County
Edgar Peralta, Hudson Valley Community Services
Jackie Jones, HIV STOPS WITH ME CAMPAIGN
The planning committee encourages you to join the community conversation on how to support families impacted by domestic violence and HIV.